This cake is wonderful and easy to make, really moist and dense with deep rich flavor. It looks beautiful garnished with ganache and strawberries. Try this recipe and fall in love with chocolate again!
Chocolate Crepe Cake
We’ve found the perfect solution to your chocolate craving! Totally mouthwatering chocolate crepe cake won't leave you untouched. Chocoholics, you’re bound to fall in love with it!
- Butter 120 gr
- Milk 0,7 l
- Eggs 6
- Flour 1½ cups
- Cocoa powder ⅔ cup
- Sugar 11 tbsp
- Whipped cream 1 l
- Heavy cream 0,2 l
- Chocolate 170 gr
- Powdered sugar ¼ cup
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Melt the butter (100 gr) in the pot allowing it to turn brown slightly. Set aside.
- Warm the milk. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder and sugar (7 tbsp).
- Mix in eggs, then gradually mix in the melted butter and warm milk, whisking them until smooth. Chill the mixture.
- Pour ¼ cup of crepe batter on a crepe pan over medium heat covering the entire bottom surface.
- Flip the crepe when the surface begins to to get brown. Cook about 30 seconds per each side.
- Repeat the process with the remaining and cool the crepes when finished.
- Lay 1 crepe on a cake plate and cover with a thin layer of whipped cream. Repeat until all crepes are used.
- Trim edges for a cleaner look.
- For the ganache, mix heavy cream and sugar (4 tbsp) and bring the mixture to boiling, add the melted chocolate and butter (20 gr), whisk until smooth, let cool and spread over the crepe cake.
- Garnish the cake with powdered sugar, and chill for 2 hours before serving.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/