A perfect way to start your day is to get up early and try this super easy Eggs Benedict recipe! This one has become our favourite breakfast food.
- Eggs 6
- Mayonnaise 2 tbsp
- Sweet pickle relish 1 ½ tbsp
- Mustard 1 tsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- Pepper dash
- Paprika (for garnishment)
- Put the eggs into a saucepan and cover them with 2 inches of cold water. Bring eggs to a boil, then reduce heat and cover the saucepan with the lid. Cook the eggs for half a minute, then remove the saucepan from heat and let it stand 15 minutes. After that put the eggs into a bowl filled with ice water for 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs under cold running water, and slice each egg in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and mash them with a fork. Add mayonnaise and mash again. Add mustard and relish, and mix well. Then season with salt and pepper, and stir.
- Transfer the yolk mixture into egg whites with a spoon. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Cooking hard-boiled eggs is easy as pie. Peeling them afterwards is not. Sometimes they get peeled like a charm, but sometimes they are able to drive even the most devoted cooker crazy. What is the secret? It is possible to make hard-boiled eggs always easy to peel? Sure!