Some people think that eating grains without meat has to be super boring. Well, that’s just not true! Trust us, they won’t even miss the meat! This recipe calls for tasty ingredients and they still pack a protein punch, so don’t worry about missing out on nutritional value.
- Olive oil 1 T
- Garlic (minced) 2 cloves
- Jalapeno (minced) 1
- Quinoa 1 c
- Vegetable broth 1 c
- Black beans (drained and rinsed) 15 oz.
- Corn 1 c
- Chili powder 1 t
- Cumin ½ t
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Avocado (peeled and diced) 1
- Juice from 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro 2 T
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat; add the garlic and jalapenos and cook 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the avocado, lime juice, and cilantro); bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the avocado, lime juice, and cilantro and serve.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/