Italian food is considered to be one of the most delicious in the world! An Italian can turn even a simple salad into a masterpiece.
2 Famous Pasta Recipes
Pasta Carbonara and Pasta Bolognese are possibly the two most famous dishes that are made of spaghetti. The former requires no more than 15-20 minutes to make and the latter takes quite a lot of time but both are so delicious that you will hardly be able to resist eating them, even if you are […]
Perfect Lasagna Recipe Tested by Experienced Amateur Cooks
Lasagna Bolognese Recipe
Are you still hesitating to make a lasagna? You’d better make up your mind to it right now! We tried to elaborate an ideal recipe of lasagna bolognese tested by many experienced amateur cooks – and here it is! When talking about the Italian cuisine, it is the lasagna what immediately comes to mind. Lasagna is one of the most popular Italian courses known throughout the world. It has hundreds of variations and each person makes it differently. Though lasagna recipes are quite sophisticated it is definitely worth trying to make it – no doubt that all of your guests will be extremely delighted with such a dinner.
- Pasta sheets 10-12
- Minced beef 0.6 lb
- Tomatoes 4
- Carrot 1
- Garlic cloves 2-3
- Onion 1
- Parsley 0.5 tuft
- Stemmed celery 0.5 tuft
- Dill 0.5 tuft
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- Butter 0.1 lb
- Milk 0.5 liter
- Flour 1-2 tbsp
- Heavy cream 100 ml
- White wine 100 ml
- Parmesan 0.2 lb
- Dried species
- Sugar 2 tbsp
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Heat the olive oil in a large stew-pan and fry the minced beef for 4-5 minutes.
- Peel an onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Grate the garlic and chop the vegetables. Add them to the beef and continue frying.
- Add chopped parsley, salt, pepper, sugar and white wine. Boil the ingredients, cover the pan and leave them stimmer.
- Scald the tomatoes with boiling water and peel them. The tomatoes have to be really ripe. Grind them up with a blender into puree. Add the puree to the stew-pan and pour some hot water (½ cup maximum).
- When the sauce boils up, add some dried species. Italian species such as basil, thyme and rosemary will suit perfectly. Pour ½ cup of heavy cream into the stew-pan.
- Stew the sauce on the lowest heat possible for 2 hours. You can add some more salt, pepper, sugar or species if you like. After that the bolognese is ready!
- To make bechamel melt butter (do not use any spreads or margarine) in a separate pan. As soon as the butter melts and begins to bubble, add flour and stir the mixture with a wooden spoon, make sure that there is no lumps in the mixture! Pour cold milk little by little while stirring the sauce. Boil the sauce on low heat for 10-12 minutes. You can add some nutmeg or pepper to make bechamel a little bit more spicy.
- Butter the baking dish and spread 2-3 tablespoons of bechamel on its bottom. Put one layer of pasta sheets and spread them with bechamel. Add some bolognese and cover it with more pasta sheets. The next steps are easy: pasta sheets – bechamel – bolognese. Repeat them until you get 5-6 layers of pasta. The last layer of pasta sheets is to be spread by bechamel only.
- Sprinkle the lasagna with parmesan and bake it in the oven for 30-40 minutes at 400°F.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/