This worldwide popular dip, that is welcome both on party tables and in everyday menu, is incredibly easy to make. Actually, all you need to do it get a short list of ingredients and process them in a food processor. We’d recommend doing it in several steps to make your hummus creamy, delicate and smooth.
- Chickpeas (cooked or canned) 15 oz.
- Tahini 4 tbsp.
- Garlic 1-2 cloves
- Sea salt 1 tbsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil 3 tbsp.
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed) 4 tbsp.
- Cumin ½ tsp.
- Paprika (optional)
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Put tahini into the food processor, add lemon juice and pulse for a minute. Then scrape off the mixture from the sides and the bottom of the food processor bowl to its middle, and pulse the mixture for half a minute more.
- Combine the mixture with 1 tbsp. of olive oil, garlic, cumin and a ½ tsp. of salt. Start the food processor for half a minute, then add another tbsp. of olive oil, transfer the mixture from the food processor’s sides closer to the center and process it for ½ - 1 minute.
- If you are using canned chickpeas, rinse them in cold water. Put chickpeas into the food and pulse them for about a minute. Then arrange the mixture closer to bowl center again, and process it for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer hummus to a serving bowl, drizzle it with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and some paprika.
- Homemade hummus can be stored in fridge for 5-7 days.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/