Cleaning the floors in your house or apartment seems to be a very easy thing, but have you ever considered that each type of floor requires special care? This post will give you some very useful tips that can improve your daily household work.
- Laminate can be damaged neither by paint split on it nor by the heels on your shoes. The only thing that doesn’t “suit” it are scouring powders and metal brushes. So, that’s the way you should wash it: take some water and a mop, wring the mop out and wipe the floor along the floorboards.
- If you have a linoleum floor, never use hot water to wash it. The best way to clean such floors is to take some soap, mix it in warm water and wash the floor. After that, wipe the leftover foam with a mop. To prevent tarnishing, rub the linoleum with linseed oil every 6 months.
- To take care of tile is even easier: just wipe it with a wet mop. The tile joints can be cleaned with a toothbrush and some vinegar.
- Here is a hint to refresh a carpet: add some fabric softener and shampoo to water, foam the mixture and rub the carpet with it. In 10-15 minutes clean it with a vacuum cleaner.
- Do not use water or foam on parquet. Cleaning such a floor with a vacuum cleaner will be enough.
- Any flooring that is not varnished can be refreshed with a homemade mastic. Grate some wax (you can use an ordinary candle for that) and mix it with the same amount of turpentine. Leave it for 6-7 days. Add a little hot water before using it. Rub the floor with this mixture every 3 months and the flooring will look as good as new for years to come.