Butternut Squash Soup
Taste and color – that's the two reasons to love this soup! It won't let you feel depressed on the greyest fall day and, in contrast to the most comfort foods, it will not damage your waist. Let's make a bowl sunlight right now!
- Butternut squash 1 ½ lbs.
- Canola oil 1 t
- Celery (chopped) 2 stalks
- Onion (diced) 1
- Carrot (chopped) 1
- Ground cumin 1 t
- Ground chipotle chile ¼ t
- Ground cloves ⅛ t
- Vegetable stock 6 c
- Salt 1 t
- Black pepper ¼ t
- Nonfat plain yogurt ½ c
- Fresh chives or parsley (chopped) 2 T
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Halve and deseed squash; place on baking sheet; bake 45-60 minutes.
- Remove squash; scoop out pulp; reserve.
- In large pot, heat oil. Cook celery, carrots, onion 8-10 minutes over medium-high. Add squash pulp, cumin, chipotle, and cloves.
- Add stock; simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Pour soup into blender or food processor; pulse until smooth. Add salt and black pepper. Garnish with yogurt plus chives or parsley. Serve.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/