Easy Homemade Chili
This simple yet yummy and flavorful homemade chili may be your new favorite dish to serve to friends for a casual get-together. Try it!
- Lean ground beef 1½ lb
- Green bell pepper 1
- Onion 1
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Diced tomatoes 2 cans
- Red kidney beans 2 cans
- Chili powder 2 tbsp
- Ground cumin 1 tsp
- Bay leaf 1
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Place lean ground beef, chopped onion and bell pepper in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring until meat is browned and the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add the chili powder, minced garlic, bay leaf, ground cumin, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the kidney beans (rinsed and drained), bring to a boil again, then reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness is achieved.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/
This was one of the greatest recipe for chili I have had in a while, I have no doubt that I will be serving this dish for along time.