For all the passionate lovers of meat we have prepared a classic meatloaf recipe that will definitely wake some butterflies in your stomach and it will wet your mouth as soon as you start reading. If cooked properly, it is a real pleasure and a source of necessary nutrients. One piece of meatloaf contains 33% vitamin B-12, 15% B-16 and is also rich in iron, vitamin D and calcium.
- Ground chuck 3 ½ lbs.
- Eggs 2
- Onions 3
- Olive oil 1 tbsp.
- Broth ⅓ c.
- Tomato sauce 1 tbsp.
- Ketchup ⅓ c.
- Worcestershire sauce 2 ½ tbsp.
- Bread crumbs ½ c.
- Thyme or basil leaves (chopped)
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Before starting to cook the meat, heat the oven to 320°F.
- Heat a skillet with the olive oil and add the onions (chopped) together with the spices (salt, pepper and basil or thyme leaves). Cook this on medium-low heat for 10 minutes until the onions get soft, but don’t let them change their color to brown.
- After you finish with cooking, put the skillet off the stove and add the ⅓ cup of broth, the tomato sauce and the Worcestershire sauce. Mix the ingredients, gently stir few times and let it cool slightly.
- In a previously prepared bowl with the ground chuck, add the cooked mixture with onions and sauces, then add the bread crumbs, 2 large eggs (previously beaten) and slightly mix the ingredients with a fork or with a bigger spoon.
- Put the mixture on a sheet pan with baking paper and make a rectangular shape of it. Cover the top of the meatloaf with ketchup (you can add 1 tsp. of tomato sauce in it).
- Put the meatloaf in the oven and bake for 1 hour (maximum 1 hour and 15 minutes). Serve hot.
- Avoid using low-fat meat; it’ll dry easily while being cooked in the oven.
- Before adding the bread crumbs, soak them in milk so they can mix easier with the meat.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/