Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe
Kitchen trends will come and go, but this classic cake with its flavorful topping of pineapple rings and cherries will never go out of style!
- Butter 5 oz
- Brown sugar 2 oz
- Caster sugar 3,5 oz
- Pineapple rings 7
- Pineapple syrup 2 tbsp
- Maraschino cherries 10
- Eggs 2
- Flour 3,5 oz
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a heavy skillet, melt 1,8 oz butter over very low heat. Remove from heat, and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Arrange pineapple rings on the bottom of the skillet, then place halved cherries in the centres of the rings and between each pineapple slice, if desired.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour and baking powder, add the rest of the ingredients and beat to a soft consistency.
- Spread the batter evenly over pineapple and cherries in the skillet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
- Cool the cake for 5 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
- Serve cool or warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/