Eggplant belongs to the group of nightshade vegetables, together with potatoes and tomatoes. Besides having a beautiful and unusual color, it is tasty and nutritious. The eggplant is rich with fiber, B vitamins (B1, B3 and B6), manganese and copper. This vegetable consists of phytonutrients, which have antioxidant activity and also the same ones can protect brain cell membranes. We prepared a delicious recipe for you and we’re sure that you won’t resist to prepare it.
- Eggplant 3
- Mixed minced meat 1 lb.
- Onion 1
- Tomatoes 2
- Green Pepper 2
- Grounded cheese ⅔ lb.
- Eggs 3
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Wash every eggplant, get rid of the stem and cut them lengthwise into two halves. Remove the core from the eggplant and cook it on medium heat in a pan with one tablespoon of cooking oil. Cook until the eggplant core becomes soft (you will need 10-15 minutes). While cooking the core, season it with chopped fresh basil leaves and salt.
- In another pan, add a tablespoon of cooking oil and the previously chopped onion; first cook the onion, then add the minced meat. Add spices (pepper and salt) and cook the meat until it becomes brown. Chop the tomatoes and the green pepper into small cubes and mix them with the eggplant marrow and then add the minced meat.
- When you get a homogeneous mixture, with a spoon fill each half of eggplant with this filling. In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the grounded cheese. Easily move the spoon over the stuffed eggplant to get a flat surface and then on the same, stir a thick layer of the egg-and-cheese mixture.
- Put the stuffed eggplants in an oven tray (previously oiled) and bake in oven on 350 F for 40 minutes.
- When baked, let them cool for 5 minutes and serve warm. As an addition to this dish, you can serve cold sour milk in a separate bowl.
- If you don’t consume meat, use soy crumbles and other vegetables by choice to fill the eggplant halves. Instead of regular milk-based cheese, use vegan parmesan cheese or any other plant-based cheese and exclude the beaten eggs. To have a soft surface, you can mix the cheese with tomato sauce.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/