We’re totally in love with funnel cakes from the carnivals and fair. Why not to make them at home?
The Easiest Funnel Cake Recipe
- All-purpose flour 1½ cup
- Whole milk ¾ cup
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Sugar ¼ cup
- Egg 2
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar 1/4 cup
- Vegetable oil for frying 1 quart
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat sugar, eggs and milk
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix well, then beat in the other half of mixture until smooth. The batter mixture should be thin enough to run through a funnel.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to 375 degrees F.
- Put your finger over the bottom of the funnel, and pour a third of the mixture into a it.
- Hold the funnel close to the oil and remove your finger making a circular motions to form a spiral. Fry until lightly brown, and then turn over.
- Fry the second side about one minute. Drain on a paper towel, and sprinkle with powdered sugar while still warm.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/