Looking for quick and simple recipe to make dinner using ingredients that you always have on hand? Here’s one you’ll like.
Fish Tacos Recipe
- Sour cream reduced-fat ¼ cup
- Lime juice 2 tbsp
- Jalapeno pepper 1
- Red cabbage 2½ cups
- Green onions 4
- Tilapia fillets 1 lb
- Flour tortillas 6-8
- Fresh cilantro ½ cup
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a large bowl, mix together sour cream and lime juice, add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Reserve half the mixture in a small bowl for later use.
- Mince half the jalapeno pepper.
- Toss shredded cabbage, thinly sliced green onions, and minced jalapeno half in the sour cream mixture, stir until well coated.
- Heat olive oil and another jalapeno half in a heavy pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Sprinkle both sides of each fish fillet evenly with the seasoning.
- Fry fish fillets in the pan for about 5 minutes without turning, then flip and cook on the other side until fish begins to flake.
- Remove jalapeno and discard.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds, until just warmed.
- Serve fish in warmed tortillas, topped with a creamy jalapeno slaw, reserved sour cream mixture, and chopped cilantro.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/