Beef Stew Recipe
Take your time to prepare a beef stew – it will take quite long (be patient!) but the result is definitely worth the effort. Minutes into cooking, you will smell the delicious meat with vegetables and soon all the members of your family will gather in the kitchen waiting for the dinner to be ready.
- Beef 2 lb
- Flour 2 tbsp
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves 2
- Stemmed celery 2
- Carrots 4
- Tomatoes 4
- Red wine ¾ cup
- Beef broth 500 ml
- Bay leaves 2
- Worcester sauce
- Onion 1
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Heat the oven to 320°F.
- Peel the onion, carrots and garlic cloves. Slice the carrots, chop the onion and the garlic, coarsely chop the celery.
- Dice the meat, roll it in flour and leave it for a while.
- Fry the meat in a big stew-pan with some olive oil for 5 minutes until it gets a brown crust. Put the meat into a bowl.
- Pour some more oil into the pan and fry the vegetables with thyme for 10-15 minutes until they are soft.
- Put the meat back into the stew-pan and add peeled and sliced tomatoes and wine. Wait for a few minutes and pour the broth (or water), bay leaves and some worcester sauce.
- Add some salt and pepper and leave the mixture in the oven for 3-4 hours. The meat should become very soft.
- Serve the stew with mashed potatoes. A glass of red wine will also pair with it perfectly!
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/