These delightful puffs closely resemble meringue, but they are a savory snack. The beaten egg whites create a little cloud for the egg yolks to sit on, making this not only fun to eat, but pretty to look at as well.
- Whole eggs 8
- Grated Parmesan cheese 1 T
- Salt ½ t
- Black pepper to taste
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Grease a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
- Crack each egg into two bowls, separating the yolks from the whites. With a hand mixer, beat the egg whites on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the grated Parmesan cheese into the egg whites with a rubber spatula, but do this quickly so that you don’t ruin the stiffness of the whites. Sprinkle with salt.
- Use a spoon to scoop the egg whites onto the lined baking sheet. You should be able to get 8 “clouds” out of this. Make sure that the clouds are spaced about one inch apart from each other.
- With the back of the spoon, create a little well in each cloud and pour one egg yolk into each.
- Bake for 14 minutes (a few minutes less if you want runnier eggs) and remove from oven. Season with salt and black pepper.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/