Cupcakes are now a very popular and even “trendy” dessert. But do you know that cooks from all over the world have been baking them for centuries? In the early times, there were no special baking dishes for small cakes and people used cups to make desserts suitable for serving one person. Today we would like to share one of the basic cupcake recipes with you and will be glad to receive some feedback on how you like it.
Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe
- Flour 2.5 cups
- Cocoa powder unsweetened 1.5 cups
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Butter 1.5 cup
- Sugar 3 cups
- Eggs 4
- Sour cream 1 cup
- Milk 1.5 cup
- Red food coloring
- Vanilla extract 3 tsp
- Cream cheese 8 oz
- Powdered sugar 3 cups
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat 1 cup of butter with sugar in a separate bowl until fluffy and light. Beat in eggs, one by one. Mix in milk, sour cream, food coloring and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Gently stir in the flour and cocoa mixture with the help of a tablespoon.
- Pour in the dough into 30 oiled muffin cups (fill each of them about 2/3 full).
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Meanwhile, make the cream cheese frosting. Beat 1/2 cup of softened butter with cream cheese in a clean bowl until smooth and creamy. Mix in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and gradually add powdered sugar.
- Cool down the cupcakes and spread with the frosting. Sprinkle with some confectionery, grated chocolate or cocoa powder if you like.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/