Beef Stroganoff is a Russian dish named after a member of the large and important Stroganov family. Nowadays the dish has plenty of variations but its two main aspects always remain the same: good beef and sour cream sauce!
- Beef sirloin steak 1.5 lb
- Onions 2
- Garlic clove 1
- Butter 0.25 cup
- Beef broth 1.5 cups
- Salt 0.5 tsp
- Flour 0.25 cup
- Sour cream 1.5 cups
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Cut the beef steak across grain into about 1.5 x 0.5-inch strips.
- Slice the onions and chop the garlic clove. Cook them in butter in a pan over medium heat stirring from time to time, until tender. Remove from the pan.
- Cook the beef slices in same pan until they get brown (but for no more than 5 minutes). Stir in 1 cup of the broth, add salt and pepper. Boil the mixture and reduce heat. Leave the meat simmer for 15 minutes.
- Thoroughly mix the remaining broth with flour and add to the beef. Pour in the onions and garlic. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sour cream and heat but do not boil.
- Serve with potatoes, noodles or rice.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/