What do you know about Central Asia cuisine? Today we are sharing with you one of our favourite dinner ideas from Uzbekistan!
Uzbek Plov Recipe
- Carrots 21 oz
- Onion 3,5 oz
- Rice 21 oz
- Oil 1 cup
- Lamb 21 oz
- Water 2,5 c
- Garlic 2 bulbs
- Salt 2 tsp
- Cumin to taste
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Wash and soak rice in cold water 30-40 minutes before cooking.
- Dice carrots and cut onions into rings.
- Heat the frying pan and then add the oil.
- Cook onions until golden brown on a high heat.
- Add cubed meat. Fry it until golden.
- Add carrots, mix and cook until soft (for 5-7 minutes).
- Add water. Put the garlic in the middle. Bring to a boil.
- Season with salt.
- Add the rice. The water should just cover the rice by about a half inch, and the surface of the rice should be smooth. Smooth it out with a spoon if necessary. Now cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- When the water is almost absorbed, add cumin and cover the plov tightly.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with the tomato-cucumber salad garnished with sweet onion.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/