Banana Bread Recipe
Healthy eating no way means turning your back to banana bread! That’s a real life-saver when you crave for something delicious and comforting, but have nothing special at hand. Use whole wheat flour instead of regular flour and honey instead of sugar, and enjoy waist-friendly banana bread!
- Ripe bananas 2-3
- Milk ⅓ cup
- olive oil ⅓ cup
- Whole wheat flour 2 cups
- Honey ½ cup
- Eggs 2
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Salt ⅓ tsp
- Cinnamon ½
- Vanilla extract ½ tsp
- Chopped nuts 1 handful
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Mash bananas in a medium-size bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, and mix them with honey and olive oil. Add mashed bananas, mix well, then add milk and mix again.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix in vanilla extract, salt and baking soda. Add cinnamon and stir the pastry
- Add flour and thoroughly stir the mixture to make sure there are no lumps in it. Finally, add in the chopped nuts and mix until well blended.
- Coat loaf pan with olive oil.
- Bake the bread for about 1 hour. The top should turn golden brown and get firm. You can check it for doneness by sticking a fork into the center of the loaf – it should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/