With a simple shopping list and some imagination, you can create the ultimate Olympics in Rio party.
Step One: Focus on the Food
What would a party be without some delicious food and drink?
- Sugar cones (with flat bottoms)
- Popcorn (assorted flavors)
- Seasonings (optional)
- Fill each sugar cone with some popcorn to add some flair to your Olympic party! These make the perfect appetizers.
- Line a table or counter with a wide selection of beers from various countries around the world. Guests are bound to find one that they really like!
- Grab five mason jars and fill them up with Olympic-themed candy. Try a vast array of Skittles, M&Ms, and jawbreakers in red, yellow, green, blue, and black (or dark purple!) to bring about the Olympic spirit!
- Butter (softened) ½ c
- Shortening ½ c
- Sugar ½ c
- Packed brown sugar ½ c
- Egg 1
- Vanilla extract 1 t
- All-purpose flour 2 c
- Baking cocoa ½ t
- Salt ¼ t
- Semi-sweet chocolate (melted and cooled) 3 oz.
- Cream cheese (softened) 8 oz.
- Confectioner’s sugar ½ c
- Whipped cream 2 c
- Fresh blueberries ½ c
- Fresh blackberries ½ c
- Fresh strawberries ½ c
- Pineapple chunks ½ c
- Kiwi (chopped) ½ c
- Вeat together the sugars, shortening, and butter with an electric mixer. Add the egg, chocolate, and vanilla; stir. Add the cocoa, salt, and flour; combine until creamed. Store in fridge 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 15” x 10” baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove dough from fridge and shape into rectangle. Cover with parchment paper, roll dough to ¼” thickness, remove parchment paper and place dough directly onto baking sheet.
- Use a bowl to trace and cut five circles of 4.5” diameter out of dough. Bake the rings for 15 minutes; remove and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar; add whipped cream and stir. Spread icing on cooled ring cakes. Line the top rims of each ring cake with the pieces of fruit (one fruit for each cake.) Serve.
Step Two: Do Up the Decor
You can’t have an Olympic party without showing your pride for the nation of your choice. Or, just play up the motif of the five Olympic rings!
Grab some simple balloons from the dollar store in red, yellow, green, blue, and black. Tie like colors together to form large rings that you can use as big party decorations.
Step Three: Achieve the Perfect Atmosphere
You can’t have a popping party without some awesome jams. Turn up these tunes to get people amped up for the Games!
Your Olympic Party Playlist
- Queen, “We Are the Champions”
- Survivor, “Eye of the Tiger”
- Leo Arnaud, “Bugler’s Dream”
- Luther Vandross, “One Shining Moment”
- National anthems of your favorite countries