If you feel like having a restaurant-like dinner at home, but do not want to spend a night in the kitchen cooking something extra-complicated, opt for Chicken Marsala. If you have chicken, mushrooms and Marsala wine, you’re sure to cope with it in no time! And in case you do have a lot of time, make it in slow cooker.
- Chicken breasts (boneless and skinless) 4
- Flour 1 cup
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Mushrooms (sliced) 8 oz
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Marsala wine ¾ cup
- Chicken broth ¾ cup
- Heavy cream ⅓ cup
- Parsley (chopped) 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper (ground) to taste
- Mix flour, salt and pepper together, and roll chicken breasts in the mixture.
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet, add 1 tbsp. of butter and heat the skillet over medium heat. Fry chicken for about 5-7 minutes per each side, then transfer it onto a plate.
- Melt the remaining butter in the skillet. Add mushrooms and simmer them for about 7 minutes, until they turn light gold. Mince garlic, add it to mushrooms and stir. Sprinkle with salt.
- Pour in chicken broth, cream and marsala wine, add chopped parsley and simmer.
- Put the chicken breasts back into the skillet and cover them with the sauce.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes. Make sure chicken is cooked through, and serve.
- Chicken thighs (boneless and skinless) 8
- Thyme leaves (dried) ½ tsp
- Fresh mushrooms (sliced) 3 cups
- Marsala wine ½ cup
- Cornstarch 3 tbsp.
- Heavy whipping cream ½ cup
- Salt ¾ tsp
- Pepper ground ¼ tsp
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and put chicken thighs into it. Season with ¼ tsp. of salt and pepper.
- Finely chop garlic. Put garlic, mushrooms and remaining salt into a greased skillet. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Then spread the cooked mushrooms over the chicken and pour in wine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours.
- Transfer chicken onto a large plate and cover with a large lid or a large salad bowl to keep chicken warm. Mix cornstarch and cream together and add to the sauce in the cooker. Stir well, cover and cook on high heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.