This cake is wonderful and easy to make, really moist and dense with deep rich flavor. It looks beautiful garnished with ganache and strawberries. Try this recipe and fall in love with chocolate again!
Velvet Chocolate Cake Recipe
- All-purpose flour 2 ½ cups
- Butter 1½ cup
- Eggs 4
- Sour cream 2½ cups
- Chocolate (50% cacao) 6 oz
- Cocoa powder ¾ cup
- Brown sugar 3 cups
- Icing sugar 5 cups
- Vanilla extract 4 tsp
- Baking soda 3 tsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Hot water 1½ cup
- Strawberries for serving
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Prepare the oven: heat it to 350° F. Grease and flour three pie dishes.
- Mix in a bowl 1 cup of softened butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and 2 tsp. of vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Add 1,5 cups of sour cream and beat until creamy.
- Use another bowl to mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add slowly the 2nd bowl’s content to the 1st one. Beat well.
- Add water and mix until smooth.
- Transfer to pie dishes. Bake 30-35 minutes (a toothpick inserted in center must come out clean).
- Cool completely.
- Cook the frosting: melt butter and chocolate in a bowl over simmering water until smooth. Cool a bit.
- Combine icing sugar with sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Add chocolate with butter. Cream until smooth.
- Spread frosting over the cake and garnish with strawberries.
Life & Cooking https://lifencooking.com/